Bangladesh is a country of six seasons. Different types of fruits of Bangladesh grows in different seasons. But, May, June and July are the best months of the year for fruits. These months are known as fruits festival months. Jackfruit- the National fruit of Bangladesh available in at that time. Also, Mango- the king of the fruit grows during these period of time.
Fruits of Bangladesh
Many kinds of fruits grows in Bangladesh. They are different in tastes and sizes. Some are small and some are large in size. Many fruits are sweet and some are taste sour.
There are more than 60 kinds of fruits grows in our country. They are unique in taste, texture, fragrance and flavor, from each other. All of them have high nutrition value.
Summer fruits in Bangladesh
Summer season of Bangladesh is known as season of fruits. Almost 60% fruits of the year grows in this season. Also, this is the season of most delicious and tasty fruit, Mango. Other popular fruits are available. There are-
- Jackfruit-The national fruit of Bangladesh. It is the largest fruit. The taste is very sweet and flavorful. It grows well in Dhaka, Faridpur and Mymensingh district.
- Mango-The king of fruits. It is almost impossible to find a person who does not loves mango. It is the most popular fruit in our country. This highest production fruit grows all over Bangladesh but widely grows in Rajshahi, Dinajpur, and Nawabganj. Amrapali, Fajli, Khirsapat, Langra, Himsagar, Mohan bhog, Gopal bhog are most popular mangos. All of them have a high demand in the market.
- Litchi– The origin of the fruit in China. The shell of the litchi is brittle and thin which covers a sweet jelly and seed. It is in the second position of the high production fruit of Bangladesh. It can be grown almost all the districts in our country. But mainly grows in Rajshahi, Kushtia, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Narayanganj.
Winter fruits in Bangladesh
In our country some fruits grows in winter which very fewer than summer. Winter fruits in Bangladesh are-
- Orange– Grows largely in Hill tract area Sylhet and Chittagong.
- Hog plum– it is locally known as Amra. It grows in Noakhali, Gazipur, Laxipur, but mainly in Basisal.
All season fruits in Bangladesh
Some of the fruits grows almost 6 seasons of the year. They are called all season fruits or 12 months fruits. There are-
The fruits of Bangladesh enrich with food value. Fruits contains many essential nutrients such as potassium, vitamin C, dietary fiber, folic acid. Also, most of the fruits in Bangladesh are low in fat, calories and sodium. We get nutrients vital for our health from fruits. So, fruits is very important for human body for wellbeing that’s why we should grow more fruits in Bangladesh.