Vegetable is a great source of various types of vitamin, nutrition, and mineral which are very essential for human body. The people of Bangladesh are lucky to have a huge variety of vegetables of Bangladesh. The soil of our country is very fertile. So, the wise and expert farmers can grow different types of vegetable easily and with low production cost. That’s why we get the vegetable in low cost.
Vegetables of Bangladesh
Different types of vegetable grows well in different types of soil. Almost all season of Bangladesh grows different kinds of vegetable. All of them have distinct taste and flavor. Also, they are very healthy and nutritious.
- Potato (Aloo): It is a Bangladeshi vegetable and origin from Bangladesh. It is a great source of fiber and starch. Mostly used as French fry and vegetable. The people of Bangladesh use it in almost all the recipe and curry. Due to the low cost, the potato is the main vegetable for the poor people. It grows widely all over the country and available 12 months of the year.
- Brinjal (Begun): It is also known as eggplant and Aubergine. It also, origin from Bangladesh. The size 10-12 centimeter long and diameter 3-4 centimeter. The colors are green and violet. But, the color, sizes, and shape vary depending on soil and cultivator types. It mostly used as vegetables and fries. Eggplant enriches with potassium, manganese, and iron. Also, it has soluble fiber, but very low fat and calories.
- Bottle Gourd (Lau): Lau vegetable in English is called Bottle Gourd. It is a Bangladeshi vegetable. Bottle gourd is about 700-1400 gram in weight, 25-35 centimeter long and diameter 20-30 centimeter. The color is green. It contains a huge amount of minerals and vitamins, but very low amounts of fat.
- Sweet Gourd (Misti Kumra): Misti
kumrain English is Sweet Gourd or Pumpkin. It is a very popular vegetable in Bangladesh even all over the world. Pumpkin has low calories and rich in manganese, iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin A, leutin, carotenes etc.
- Cabbage: It is a very tasty and delicious vegetable. Commonly used as vegetable and salad. Rich in Important vitamins such as A, B, C, and K. Its anti-oxidant help to protect against dangerous diseases like colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer. Besides, reduces LDL level in the blood.
Almost all the people have special attraction of winter vegetable, especially who loves vegetable. Although, most of the vegetables of Bangladesh are available in all season. But, winter vegetables are freshest. They are very tasty and juicy. Also, the Bangladeshi vegetable price is very cheap in winter because of high production. Winter is known as vegetable season in our country.